Which is the best frame work for selenium web driver in E-Commerce business for automation testing?
Which is the best frame work for selenium web driver in e-eCommerce business for automation testing?
Please share your view regarding frame work like
1. What kind of frame work and language you are using for selenium automation?
2. how comfortable you are with that frame work?
3. what is the advantage and disadvantage of that frame work in day to day work life.
4.Do you think to improve your frame work ? if so what the reason.
Is that an interview question?
1) What kind of frame work and language you are using for selenium automation?
I follow the Hybrid Framework with Java language for E-commerce
2) How comfortable you are with that frame work?
3) What is the advantage and disadvantage of that frame work in day to day work life?
Advantages of the Framework, it got below mentioned features:
1) Page Object Model : Easy to maintain, alter and use in case of any change in the application.
2) Modular Driven : Reusable set of actions makes the life easy, for ex SignIN Module contains all the steps to LogIn in to the application.
3) Function Parameters : Parameterise your test, avoid using hard coded values in the function
4) Global/Constant Variables : Easy to modify the frequently changing variables for ex Application URL, Credentials & Excel sheet column
5) Data Driven : Run a single script with multiple set of test data
6) Log4j Logging : Makes it is to debug the failures and send the test steps to developers in case of defect
7) TestNG Reporting : creates beautiful HTML reports which can shared across the project as test results
8) User Defined Function : ReUsable code, functions or Utility to avoid duplicacy of code
9) Object Repository : It hides the complexity of the objects in it and it is easy to follow by the manual testers also for ex “Home_Page.Header.Logo.Click();”
10) Exceptional Handling : Avoid unnecessary failure in the test
11) Screen Shot : It helps to report a bug or investigate a defect
12) TestNG Framework : Helps in running Test Suites or in Groups or to do Parallel testing
13) Browser Stack Integration : Helps in running the test across multiple operating systems and multiple browsers combinations
There will be many others like Continuous Integration, Schedule your test run every night with Jenkins, automatic email notifications rerunning of failed test and many more. Actually I am tired of writing 🙂
4) Do you think to improve your frame work? If so what the reason.
There is always a scope of improvement and scope of enhancements. I would like to give a beautiful user interface, so that a manual tester and my project management can even choose the test and run the test.
Close this question now.
Thanks Lakshay for your answers and time you spend to write answers .
in my previous project i was working in JAVA with Hybrid Framework. I am OK to use JAVA language.
but am in Hybrid Framework with c# language, i am feeling more comfortable with c# compare to Java. So thought of asking this question to you, why do you prefer Java language?
Even c# has all advantage as same as JAVA. what make you to use Java for selenium automation?
I started my career as a Manual tester and first I jumped in to the VB for QTP. The reason I switched to Java and not C was Java is most followed language and there is lot of good support available in Java. As I was a beginner in Selenium, i knew I have to take help from the developers to learn Selenium and all the people around me were on Java. This is the only reason, plus you will find very few communities of Selenium in C and other languages. Otherwise I do not doubt on the capabilities of C.
Please close the question also like this: