Selenium WebDriver Junit tests failing inconsistently running via Bamboo
I am working on JUnit tests using Selenium WebDriver. Currently, I have 75 tests running in two different OS, running in Firefox browser.
When the tests are executed using EclipseIDE and ANT, they run successfully. However, when they run via Atlassian Bamboo, they don’t always Pass. So, I am having a inconsistency issue. Mostly, the error are due to timeout. I am investigating, what the cause. Mean time, I thought of posting the question here, in case anyone has run into this kind of issue.
Any suggestion, comment, helpful info is appreciated.
The tests are timing out when they are looking for texts, trying to click a button, comparing menu buttons, compare table data etc.
<span style="font-size: small">1. org.openqa.selenium.TimeoutException: Timed out after 20 seconds waiting for visibility of element located by By.xpath: //div[@class='dataTables_scroll']//td[contains(text(), 'abcd1234')]
2. org.openqa.selenium.TimeoutException: Timed out after 5 seconds waiting for visibility of element located by By.xpath: (//div[@class='popup drill-down']/a)
3. java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1 <b>[This is not an issue when I run via EclipseIDE, and very random]</b>
at com.selenium.common.ActionBarsSolvent.getActionButtons(Unknown Source)
at com.selenium.tests.TestCreateLicense.importLicense(Unknown Source)</span>
4. junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected [true] but found [false] [This is not an issue when I execute test via EclipseIDE. Could this be because I am using TestNG assertion?]
<span style="font-size: small"> at org.testng.Assert.fail(Assert.java:94)
at com.selenium.tests.TestDrillDown.selectFilter(Unknown Source) </span>
* selenium version – selenium-java-2.48.2, selenium-server-standalone-2.48.2
* browser flavor and version – Firefox 39 on Windows 7, 40 on Windows 10
* test code – I have provided one of the simple tests that keeps failing inconsistently…