How can we run the regression suite built in Selenium WebDriver in batch mode?
I have not done this before with Selenium but a long time back done it for QTP scripts. I can just give you the over all idea of it.
1) Create a batch file, may be testng xml or some runner class and include all of your test cases in it.
2)Create an exe file, which will trigger you batch file to run. (Google it, you may find the vb code for it)
3) With the help of Windows scheduler, you can set a time to execute that exe file. You can find the scheduler settings from
Windows >>All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> Task Scheduler
You can even use Jenkins (Continuous Integration Tool )
- To run the set of Batch Jobs
- Even you can monitor the Jobs running
- Running batch commands on remote machine
Please do refer the below link for setting up a project and more info. Get back to me if you still face issues
CI will help you.
Install Jenkins. (If you are working on stand alone machine then it should run as service on your machine)
Create a job and select ‘Build a free style project’.
Add your POM and repository path in Jenkins setting .
Once Done you may see execution using Build Now. You also schedule the time for execution.