RE: Which is the best frame work for selenium web driver in E-Commerce business for automation testing?
Is that an interview question?
1) What kind of frame work and language you are using for selenium automation?
I follow the Hybrid Framework with Java language for E-commerce
2) How comfortable you are with that frame work?
3) What is the advantage and disadvantage of that frame work in day to day work life?
Advantages of the Framework, it got below mentioned features:
1) Page Object Model : Easy to maintain, alter and use in case of any change in the application.
2) Modular Driven : Reusable set of actions makes the life easy, for ex SignIN Module contains all the steps to LogIn in to the application.
3) Function Parameters : Parameterise your test, avoid using hard coded values in the function
4) Global/Constant Variables : Easy to modify the frequently changing variables for ex Application URL, Credentials & Excel sheet column
5) Data Driven : Run a single script with multiple set of test data
6) Log4j Logging : Makes it is to debug the failures and send the test steps to developers in case of defect
7) TestNG Reporting : creates beautiful HTML reports which can shared across the project as test results
8) User Defined Function : ReUsable code, functions or Utility to avoid duplicacy of code
9) Object Repository : It hides the complexity of the objects in it and it is easy to follow by the manual testers also for ex “Home_Page.Header.Logo.Click();”
10) Exceptional Handling : Avoid unnecessary failure in the test
11) Screen Shot : It helps to report a bug or investigate a defect
12) TestNG Framework : Helps in running Test Suites or in Groups or to do Parallel testing
13) Browser Stack Integration : Helps in running the test across multiple operating systems and multiple browsers combinations
There will be many others like Continuous Integration, Schedule your test run every night with Jenkins, automatic email notifications rerunning of failed test and many more. Actually I am tired of writing 🙂
4) Do you think to improve your frame work? If so what the reason.
There is always a scope of improvement and scope of enhancements. I would like to give a beautiful user interface, so that a manual tester and my project management can even choose the test and run the test.
Close this question now.